CLEANING & CARE
From cleaning laminate and vinyl, to spot and stain removal on hardwood, follow the guidelines below to care for your floor properly so you can enjoy your Pergo for a lifetime.
Aged Silver Mist Oak
- Place mats inside any exterior doorway over your Pergo floor to collect sand, gravel, or dirt tracked in the home. You can also place area rugs in other spaces for extra coverage.
- Make sure your rugs have a solid backing, so soil doesn't sift through the rug to come in contact with the floor.
- Use floor protectors or felt covers on chair legs, sofas, TV stands, tables and other easily moveable furniture so you don't scratch the floors.
- Replace plastic casters on chairs with rubber wheels.
- Lift, don't slide, heavy objects across floors.
- MINOR DAMAGE OR DINGS
Treat minor damage or dings to a laminate plank or tile with Pergo Finishing Putty. If the area is too big to treat with Pergo Finishing Putty, a certified retailer can recommend a professional to replace the plank or tile.
- CANDLE WAX OR CHEWING GUM
Remove candle wax or chewing gum from Pergo laminate with a blunt plastic scraper after the material has hardened.
- FOOD OR LIQUID SPILLS
To remove chocolate, grease, juice, cordials or wine, use lukewarm water and a non-abrasive cleaner (like ammonia and water or vinegar and water) with a soft cloth or mop.
To remove glue, use an appropriate glue remover. After use, be sure to clean with standard cleaning products.
- TOUGH STAINS
To remove tough stains like tar, markers, crayon, lipstick, oil, shoe polish, nail polish or cigarette burns, use acetone nail polish remover or denatured alcohol on a clean cloth. Note: Do not use on coordinating wall base or quarter round.
- REMOVE DIRT AND DUST
Use a dust mop or vacuum with a hard floor attachment to remove dirt and dust from your Pergo floor. Use a vacuum or vacuum attachment with soft bristle brush regularly to remove any particles that could scratch the floor. For a deeper cleaning, use a damp cotton cloth or cloth mop.
- USE A DAMP MOP TO GENTLY CLEAN YOUR PERGO
You can make a Pergo-recommended household cleaner with 1 cup household vinegar to 1 gallon warm water or 1/3 cup ammonia mixed with 1 gallon warm water. This cleaner will cleanse gently, removing dirt but keeping your floor beautiful.